Proposed apartments with on-site care
Land off Wharf Street, Lytham St.Annes, FY8 5DP
Planning Permission Granted
Following on from the Committee meeting on January 10th, permission has now been granted for this site. To view the Officers Report, please see the link below.
Adlington is an award-winning developer specialising in building retirement apartments with 24-hour on site care and support available if required.
In partnership with MHA (Methodist Homes)
The 24-hour on site care provision is crucial to the Adlington concept and we have partnered with MHA for this purpose. MHA is a
charity providing care and support services for older people throughout Britain. Established over 70 years ago, MHA now delivers a
range of services to over 17,000 individuals.
All MHA services, delivered by over 4,000 dedicated staff and 5,000 committed volunteers, are assessed by the care sector’s regulator,
the Care Quality Commission (CQC), meet their independent quality ratings and have been consistently rated good or excellent.
The requirements from CQC inform the internal and external layouts and communal facilities.
The Proposed Development
For further information and updates please go to https://www3.fylde.gov.uk/online-applications/ and enter the Application Reference Number: 17/0738
The proposed development includes one, two and three bedroom apartments and communal facilities including:
- Restaurant and residents’ lounge
- Hairdressers, activities room, assisted bathroom/spa room, guest suite and mobility scooter storage
- Patios and landscaped gardens
- Ample car parking including 5 disabled spaces
- 3 – 4 storeys providing in the region of 65 apartments
Key benefits of the development
- It provides a secure and sociable environment, offering older people a more enjoyable and fulfilled lifestyle
whilst combating loneliness
- The scheme will employ up to 15-20 persons (Full-time equivalent)
- The regeneration of this previously developed site
- High quality design and materials appropriate for to the location
- Functional design and layout to meet residents’ needs
- Wheelchair accessible (specifically designed) apartments with wet room
- Represents one of the most efficient ways to deliver care and support
- Meets some of the unmet needs for this type of accommodation with care
Get involved – have your say
Adlington is intending to apply for Planning Permission for a residential development with care for older people comprising up to
65 private apartments with communal facilities and landscaped gardens. All apartments will be sold to individual homeowners.
We always try and keep local communities informed and welcome any views you may have on our initial proposals at this stage so
that we might consider their inclusion in our Planning Application.
We would like to hear your views…
Thank you for taking the time to read this information. We look forward to hearing your views and would like to invite local residents’
to an information event where you can learn more about the proposals and ask any questions you may have.
Come and meet us at: The Booths Supermarket Cafe, Haven Road, Lytham St.Annes, FY8 5EG | Tuesday 4th July 2017 | 6pm to 9pm
or, you can also write to us by post: Gladman House, Alexandria Way,
Congleton Business Park,
Alternatively, if you wish to discuss the proposals with one of the Adlington team, call us on 01260 288900