Proposed Retirement Apartments
with care and Housing
Land off West Lane, Formby, L37 7AZ
Adlington, a multi-award winning developer who specialises in providing
outstanding new apartments with 24-hour on-site support available if
required have joined with Seddon Homes Ltd to comprehensively re-develop
this site to provide much needed apartments with care and housing. Seddon
Homes Ltd are a family owned business and one of the most respected and
trusted home builders based in the North West of England.
The Proposed Development
The proposed development is for 65 apartments with care to be developed by Adlington and for 14 market homes to be developed by Seddon Homes Ltd.
The Adlington element of the proposal includes one, two and three bedroom apartments and communal facilities including:
- Restaurant and residents’ lounge
- Hairdressers, spa suite, activities room, assisted bathroom, guest suite and mobility scooter storage
- Patios and landscaped gardens
- Ample car parking including 4 disabled spaces
- 3 – 4 storey building, providing 65 apartments in total
Seddon Homes Ltd
The Seddon element of the proposal seeks to provide much needed market housing and includes:
- 14 New privately tenured homes;
- New tree and hedgerow planting
Key benefits of the development
- The site is allocated in Sefton’s Local Plan for Housing development.
- The Adlington development will provide a secure and sociable environment, offering older people a more enjoyable and fulfilled lifestyle whilst combating loneliness
- The Adlington scheme will employ up to 16-20 persons (Full-time equivalent)
- High quality design and materials appropriate to the location
- Functional design and layout to meet the Adlington Resident’s needs
- Wheelchair accessible (specifically designed) Adlington apartments with wet room
- The Adlington development provides one of the most efficient ways to deliver care and support and meets some of the unmet needs for this type of accommodation with care
- Provides high quality general market homes
- Increased customers and spending to support local businesses
- The creation of a mixed and balanced community through the provision of specialist elderly accommodation as well as market homes
Get involved – have your say
The proposed development is for 65 apartments with care for older people to be developed by Adlington and for 14 market homes to be developed by Seddon Homes Ltd.
We always try and keep local communities informed and welcome any views you may have on our initial proposals at this stage so that we might consider their inclusion in our Planning Application.
We would like to hear your views…
Thank you for taking the time to read this information. We look forward to hearing your views on these proposals at any time through the consultation and planning process.
You can also write to us by post:
Gladman House, Alexandria Way,
Congleton Business Park,
Alternatively, if you wish to discuss the proposals with one of the Adlington team, call us on 01260 288900
View off West Lane