Proposed Apartments with Care
Land off Factory Street, Ramsbottom
Adlington is a developer specialising in providing outstanding new apartments with 24-hour on site care and support available if required, designed exclusively for discerning mature purchasers.
The 24-hour on site care provision is crucial to the Adlington concept and we have partnered with MHA for this purpose. MHA is a charity providing care homes, housing and support services for older people throughout Britain. Established over 70 years ago, MHA now delivers a range of services to over 16,000 individuals.
All MHA services, delivered by over 4,000 dedicated staff and 5,000 committed volunteers, are assessed by the care sector’s regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), meet their independent quality ratings and have been consistently rated good or excellent. The requirements from CQC inform the internal and external layouts and communal facilities.
Adlington are proposing a new development of approximately 57 apartments with care at Factory Street, Ramsbottom.
The proposed development includes one, two and three bedroom apartments and communal facilities including:
- – Restaurant and residents’ lounge
- – Hairdressers, activities room, spa room, guest suite and mobility scooter storage
- – Patios and landscaped gardens
- – 29 car parking spaces including 4 disabled spaces
- – 2 – 3 storeys over split level, providing in the region of 57 apartments
We give careful consideration to the sites we choose, identifying sensible locations meeting the needs of the older people. The site at Factory Street, Ramsbottom fits within this criteria.
- – Close to the town centre with good access to shops and services
- – Good public transport connections with a bus stop off Stubbins Lane
- – Established residential area which will benefit from this type of specialised older peoples’ housing
Key Benefits of the Development
- – It creates an environment where preventative measures to reduce ill health and active ageing are promoted, creating an alternative to current residential care homes thus allowing older people the enjoyment of a more fulfilled life in their later years.
- – The scheme will generate employment and contribute to the local economy
- – The regeneration of this previously developed site
- – High quality design and materials appropriate for this gateway site into Ramsbottom town centre
- – Functional design and layout to meet residents’ needs
- – Wheelchair accessible (specifically designed) apartments with wet room
- – Represents one of the most efficient ways to deliver care and support
- – Meets some of the unmet needs for this type of accommodation with care
We Would Like to Hear Your Views…
Thank you for taking the time to read this information. We look forward to hearing your views and would like to invite local residents’ to an information event being held (address) where you can learn more about the proposals and ask any questions you may have.
or by post to Gladman House, Alexandria Way, Congleton Business Park, Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1LB
Alternatively you may wish to discuss the proposals with one of the Adlington team on 01260 288900.