Proposed Apartments With Care
Land off Ratcliffe Road, Leicester
Adlington Retirement Living designs, builds and operates retirement living communities with care. Our innovative, spacious apartments don’t just win over homeowners and their families: they also win the recognition of our industry peers. The seven family homes will also be of high quality, ensuring a mix of accommodation is provided whilst complementing the retirement community.
We have built award-winning retirement communities in Otley, Portishead, Macclesfield, and Stockport, recognised at the National WhatHouse? Awards for “Best Retirement Development in the UK”, as well as “Best Development” at the 2022 Health Investor awards. With over 800 current homeowners we continue to develop new communities across the North West, Yorkshire and the Midlands.
Our vision is to empower the older generation to live a long, happy and healthy life, by providing a valuable product and service, therefore reducing the ever growing strain on the NHS.
The Proposed Development
Adlington is intending to apply for Planning Permission for a residential development with care for older people comprising circa 75 private apartments with communal facilities and landscaped gardens and seven large family homes. All apartments will be sold to individual homeowners, and they will benefit from the following:
- Table service restaurant serving breakfast and wholesome lunchtime meals daily
- Homeowners’ Lounge
- Coffee Lounge
- Hairdressing Salon fitted with a full suite of professional equipment
- Activities Studio; flexible space perfect for hobbies and craft
- Therapy Suite
- Guest Suite with en-suite shower room and television
- Mobility Scooter Store with electric charging facilities
- Beautifully landscaped gardens with outdoor seating area and raised flower beds
- Safety & Security designed specifically for later living with emergency call system, audio & video entry system, fire and smoke detectors
Key benefits of the development
- The scheme will employ approximately 20 people (Full Time Equivalent)
- The regeneration of this previously developed site providing a safe and attractive environment
- High quality design and materials appropriate to the location
- Functional design and layout to meet residents needs
- Wheelchair accessible (specifically designed) apartments with wet room
- Represents one of the most efficient ways to deliver care and support
- Address the unmet need of specialist housing for the elderly
- By purchasing these apartments residents will free up existing, often under occupied family homes reducing the need to build new homes on greenfield land
- The 7 family homes will contribute to Leicesters housing land supply and provide high quality housing options for local families
- Significant economic stimulus during the construction period and once the scheme is operational to the local area
Get involved – have your say
We always try and keep local communities informed and welcome any views you may have on our initial proposals at this stage so that we might consider their inclusion in our Planning Application.