Proposed apartments with care
Land at 8-10 St Johns, Worcester
Adlington Retirement Living designs, builds and operates retirement living communities with care. Our innovative, spacious apartments don’t just win over homeowners and their families: they also win the recognition of our industry peers.
We have built award-winning retirement communities in Otley, Portishead, Macclesfield, and Stockport, recognised at the National WhatHouse? Awards for “Best Retirement Development in the UK”. With over 800 current homeowners we continue to develop new communities across the North West, Yorkshire and the Midlands.
The proposed development
The development consists of circa 60 Use Class C2 retirement apartments with care and will also include extensive communal facilities, high quality landscaped gardens and car parking.
Further information on the proposed development is available by clicking on the link to the Public Exhibition consultation boards below.
Public Exhibition 23rd March 2022, 15:00 to 18:30
A public exhibition will be held on the 23rd March 2022, 15:00 to 18:30 at The Blakefield Room,St John-in-Bedwardine, 1A Bromyard Rd, St. Johns, Worcester, WR2 5BS. A link is provided to the consultation boards below.
Key benefits of the development
- Employment – Additional jobs created in Worcester during construction and when operational
- Economic – Additional spending in the area which will support local businesses and services
- Release of family housing – Free up family housing in the market, which is often under-occupied
- NHS and social care savings – Less risk of falls, reduced GP visits, hospital admissions and care home costs
- Social – Promotes social interaction, peace of mind, stability, comfort and security which protects against isolation and loneliness
- Sustainability – Through the provision of high quality landscaping and enhancements to biodiversity there will be a significant net gain for biodiversity on the site. The building will utilise sustainable construction and design techniques
Get involved – have your say
Adlington Retirement Living is intending to apply for Planning Permission for circa 60 Use Class C2 retirement apartments with care, communal facilities, landscaped gardens and parking. All apartments will be sold to individual homeowners.
We always keep local communities informed and welcome any views you may have on our proposals, so that we might consider their inclusion in our Planning Application.
Please e-mail comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to
Worcester Comments, Adlington House, Alexandria Way, Congleton, CW12 1LB
Alternatively, if you wish to discuss the proposals with one of the Adlington team, call us on 01260 288900.
Gladman Retirement Living Ltd consider all correspondence received and our response to the issues raised will be set out in a Statement of Community Involvement (SCI). As part of a planning application, Gladman Retirement Living Ltd submit to the Local Planning Authority a complete copy of all correspondence received (including any details such as your name, address and email where you have provided them). This ensures all your comments are available to the Council during the consideration of an application and shows who we have consulted. As the SCI forms part of the formal application documents, the Council may publish it online, subject to their own Data Protection policies. Should the application be the subject of an appeal, the same information will be forwarded to the Planning Inspectorate. If further consultation is carried out as part of the planning process, Gladman Retirement Living Ltd may use your details to make you aware of this and to ask for your views, but will not use this information for any other purpose.