Proposed apartments with care
Land off Cherry Lane, York
Adlington Retirement Living is part of the Gladman group, a family business that has been operating for over 30 years. Adlington provide high quality, private retirement living for those in need of care (use Class C2). Adlington have an excellent track record delivering high quality developments, winning the ‘WhatHouse?’ award for Best Retirement Living Development in the UK for Otley (2017) and Macclesfield (2019).
The proposed development
The development consists of circa 60 Use Class C2 retirement apartments with care and will also include extensive communal facilities, high quality landscaped gardens and car parking.
Further information on the proposed development is available by clicking on the link to the Public Exhibition consultation boards below.
Public Exhibition 19 February 2020
A public exhibition was held on the 19 February 2020 at the Holiday Inn adjacent to the proposed development site. A link is provided to the consultation boards below.
Key benefits of the development
- Employment – Additional jobs created in York during construction and when operational
- Economic – Additional spending in the area which will support local businesses and services
- Release of family housing – Free up family housing in the market, which is often under-occupied
- NHS and social care savings – Less risk of falls, reduced GP visits, hospital admissions and care home costs
- Social – Promotes social interaction, peace of mind, stability, comfort and security which protects against isolation and loneliness
- Environmental – Designed to achieve BREEAM Very Good, provision of high quality landscaping and enhancements to biodiversity. The building will utilise sustainable construction and design techniques
Get involved – have your say
Adlington Retirement Living is intending to apply for Planning Permission for circa 60 Use Class C2 retirement apartments with care, communal facilities, landscaped gardens and parking. All apartments will be sold to individual homeowners.
We always keep local communities informed and welcome any views you may have on our proposals, so that we might consider their inclusion in our Planning Application.
Please e-mail comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to
York Comments, Gladman House, Alexandria Way, Congleton, CW12 1LB
Alternatively, if you wish to discuss the proposals with one of the Adlington team, call us on 01260 288900.
View down Cherry Lane