Service and Well-Being Charge
All residents living at The Chimes, Cheadle will contribute to a Service and Well-Being Charge. The high level of care, support and services on offer to enhance quality and enjoyment of life are what make Adlington different. These charges are to provide services such as;
- The provision of a daily restaurant service serving delicious meals
- Communal cleaning and maintenance
- One hour of domestic help each week
- External window cleaning
- Water usage, buildings insurance and estate management
- 24-hour support everyday, 365 days a year, in case of any emergency, working in tandem with a discreet emergency call system installed in each apartment
Our management team takes great pride in providing a very high standard of service including making daily contact with all homeowners, checking on their well-being and liaising with family and professionals if necessary. They consult with residents on all aspects of the operations of the development and facilitate numerous social events and activities that can be participated in as much or as little as you like.
You no longer have to take into consideration the ongoing costs of upkeep and maintenance of your current property, grounds and gardens. As well as owning a modern stylish apartment built to high specification it is also well insulated and cost effective to heat.
Monthly Service and Well-Being Charges at Cheadle are estimated to be;
- 1 bedroom – approximately £622
- 2 bedroom – approximately £670
- 3 bedroom – approximately £721
It is important to point out that payment of the Service and Well-Being Charge has to continue even if the apartment is vacant, as it is proportioned between all Homeowners in order to maintain the high standard of service.
Additional care packages can be designed to suit your individual requirements. All care packages are drawn up in consultation with you, based upon a careful assessment of your needs and are regularly reviewed. Short term illness and recuperation packages can be tailored to individual requirements where required. Costs are based on the level of need per person.
- Hourly rate approximately £21.00
- The charge is doubled where two carers are required
As you would expect in your own home other household expenditures will remain as the Homeowner’s responsibility. These typically include:
- Council tax
- Electricity – which is metered per apartment
- Contents insurance
- Telephone line rental and broadband (where applicable)
- TV licence (where applicable)
Communal Facilities Fee
Adlington Retirement Living provide extensive communal facilities, such as the Homeowners’ lounge, restaurant and commercial kitchen, coffee lounge, hair salon, guest suite, staff rooms, management offices and mobility scooter store, as well as landscaped gardens and grounds.
It is these facilities along with the 24-hour on-site support which makes your new home likely to be suitable for your whole life, without the need to move to a care home. This is a major benefit to well-being, peace of mind and independence and, if it avoids care home fees, also has considerable financial advantages.
You will only purchase your own apartment, so in order to recoup the costs of these extensive facilities Adlington apply a communal facilities fee.
The Communal Facilities Fee will cost you nothing whilst you are living in your new apartment. It is only payable if and when you choose to sell your home. You pay a small percentage which is calculated at 2% per annum – of the sale price.
This fee is payable for each year or part year of occupation and, most importantly, is capped at 10 years. Adlington ensure that our buildings and grounds are always fully maintained and all apartments retain their value, so inheritance is maximised.
What the fee contributes to:
- Adlington set-up a Homeowners’ building reserve fund to cover long term major capital repairs, ensuring the development is always kept up to the same standard as when you purchased your apartment. So, we allocate 25% specifically to the Homeowners’ building reserve fund. As an example, based on a property value of £300,000 and over a 10 year period, the fund payable at that time will be £7,500.
- Adlington provide a refurbishment service when your apartment is ready to be sold. This ensures your home is appealing to potential purchasers. Adlington will manage the refurbishment and decoration to achieve the best possible re-sale value.
- The Adlington team provide a re-sale service to manage the sale of your apartment, including marketing literature, liaising with Estate Agents, co-ordinating viewings and negotiations. Our team help take the stress out of selling and, as specialists in retirement living apartments, we ensure everything is taken care of.